Usually, your attic is a quiet and forgotten place. But if squirrels decide to move in without your permission, it can quickly turn into a battlefield. Most of the time, squirrels get into attics, which can cause a lot of problems for people who live there. This piece will talk about why squirrels get into your attic, the damage they can do, and effective ways to win the squirrel wars and make your home peaceful again.
Figuring Out the Squirrel Problem
People know that squirrels, especially the Eastern Grey Squirrel that lives in cities, are very flexible and clever. They are great at climbing trees and know just where to find a safe place to make their nests. Unfortunately, these furry attackers may be drawn to your attic because it is warm, safe from predators, and has lots of insulation that can be used as flooring.
The reason squirrels pick your attic
There are several things that make your attic a good place for squirrels to live:
- Safe and Warm Place to Stay: Attics are great places to stay when it’s cold or stormy outside.
- Materials for Nesting: Squirrels often use the insulation in attics to build nests. They tear it apart and make cozy nests out of it.
- Attics are close to places where squirrels can get food, like bird feeders or gardening, which makes it easy for them to get food.
- Breeding Grounds: Attics are great places for squirrels to have babies because they are warm and dry. They like to build nests and raise their young there.
Why squirrels cause so much trouble
When squirrels get into your home, they can do a lot of damage to both the structure and the environment:
- Squirrels are known for chewing things, and they can damage your attic’s insulation, electrical wires, and wooden beams. This habit of chewing can cost a lot to fix and could start a fire if they damage electrical wires.
- In your attic, squirrels leave behind urine and feces, which not only smell bad but can also spread diseases that are bad for people.
- Disturbance of Noise: Squirrels are busy during the day, and their movements in your attic can make noise all the time, making it hard to relax.
- Raids on Your Garden: If squirrels live in your attic, they might go into your garden to eat your plants, birdseed, or even the bark off of your trees.
Getting ahead in the squirrel wars
If squirrels start to invade your home, you need to do something right away. To get back in charge of your attic, follow these steps:
- Figure out the problem: Look for signs that squirrels are moving in. In your attic, listen for sounds of digging or scurrying and look for broken entry points and squirrel droppings.
- Talk to Experts: You might want to hire a wildlife removal professional to look at the problem. They know how to get rid of squirrels and their nests in your attic in a safe and gentle way.
- Fixing Things and Staying Away: Once you’ve got rid of the squirrels, fix any holes they used to get into your attic. To stop future attacks, strengthen weak spots.
- Cleanup: Make sure your attic is completely clean and germ-free to get rid of any smells and possible health risks that come from squirrel waste.
- Keep squirrels away: To stop future infestations, use natural repellents, motion-activated lights, or sound devices that make noise when they sense movement.
Maintenance: Make sure you check your attic often to find any early signs of squirrel activity and fix the problem right away.
To sum up
Attic squirrel fights can make you mad and hurt your house. To get back in control, you need to know why squirrels are drawn to your attic and what damage they can do. You can get rid of squirrels that are living in your attic and make your home peaceful again by acting quickly and effectively, such as by talking to experts and taking preventative steps.
Unmatched, professional, and guaranteed squirrel removal Port Hope. Performed by talented and experienced wildlife control experts who have all the tools and equipment available to get rid of the squirrels once and for all.